Rights & Duties
Customer's Rights and Duties
According to Banque du Liban basic circular No;134 dated 12/02/2015, Our Bank would like to inform you about your Rights and Duties.
First: Customer's Rights
- You have the right to take cognizance of the terms, conditions, and details of the product or service, and to request ample explanations to be sure that you have understood them and can abide by them.
- You can obtain from the concerned employee a clear, ample and simplified explanation about the financial services and products with different risk levels.
- You have the right to obtain from the concerned employee a professional and clear answer to any question concerning an ambiguous clause or condition.
- To request the use of Arabic in any document, correspondence or transaction with the bank.
- You have the right to read and obtain in advance a copy of each document and text referred to in any contract to be signed with the bank.
- You can obtain and retain a copy of the contracts and documents signed by you without bearing any additional cost.
- You have the right to request the bank to determine the actual cost of the product or service, including the actual insurance cost and the computational method of the lending or deposit interest rate.
- Choose freely an insurance company among, at least, five companies that are accepted by the bank and mentioned in a written list, in case obtaining the product or service is contingent upon the submission of an insurance policy to the bank.
- You can obtain any product or service, provided it is suitable with your request, profile and perception of the likely financial risks associated to the product or service.
- You have the right to obtain, for each product or service, a periodic detailed statement of account.
- Refuse to sign a blank or incomplete Form and make sure all the required fields and figures in the Form to be signed by you are correct and complete.
- You can submit a claim about any service or product or bad treatment, and request from the bank an explanation on the claim submission procedure, the time limit needed to be notified of the claim outcome, and the mechanism applied to submit the claim to other authorities whenever you are not convinced of the claim outcome.
Second: Customer's Duties
- You have to provide true, complete and accurate information when filling out any Form provided by the bank, and refrain from providing any false information.
- Disclose all financial obligations when applying for a product or service, without prejudice to the rights conferred to you by the Banking Secrecy Law.
- You have to be collaborative when we request to update the personal information submitted to the bank, on a continuous basis and whenever required to do so.
- Comply with the terms and conditions governing the chosen service or product.
- When you lose any document issued by the bank (check, guarantee...) you must promptly inform the Bank.
- You must promptly notify the bank of any unknown operation on your account.
- You have to provide the bank with your home address, work address, email, ordinary mail, and telephone number, and report any change in this information to enable the bank to contact you personally and thus guarantee the privacy of information.
Third: Instructions to the Customer
- Do not provide any other party, under any circumstances, with any details about your bank account or any other banking or critical personal information.
- Whenever facing financial difficulties preventing you from meeting your obligations or paying your installments in due time, refer to the bank in order to find out the best options.
- Be careful when granting a proxy to a third party to complete your banking and financial transactions, by clearly determining the powers delegated under this proxy.
Banking in Lebanon
Bank Accounts in Lebanon
Loans in Lebanon
Beirut Banking Office
Hamra- Omar Bin Abdul Aziz Street
Intra Investment Co. Building - First Floor
P.O. Box: 5044/11 Beirut, Lebanon
Tel.: +961 1 74 56 58/59/60
Fax: +961 1 341287 - +961 1 74 56 58
/59/60 - ext: 275
Finance Bank SAL Copyright © 2019 All Rights Reserved